Below, I've included a link to the "Scientific" article that I mentioned, helpful notes (right from the sermon) about the timing and agents of the plagues, and there's an image (linked at the bottom under downloads) of a chart that may help you navigate the counterfeits and the decay of Pharaoh's heart.
Click here for the article from the staff of Live Science attempting to negate the miraculous plagues: The Science of the 10 Plagues.
Notes (right from the sermon) regarding timing and agents of the Plagues:
- Most of the plagues are announced in advance, although the third, sixth, and ninth come without warning.
- With every third plague (this time the first, fourth, and seventh), we are told that Moses appears to Pharaoh in the morning (7:15; 8:20; 9:13).
- Four of the plagues mention “tomorrow” as a start or stop time.
- Moses grants Pharaoh “the honor” of setting a time for the end of the second plague (8:9–10), while Moses himself sets the time of the end of the fourth plague (v 29).
- With the fifth and seventh plagues, the focus shifts. Now the Lord sets the time (9:5, 18; 11:4).
- With the final plague, the LORD’s appointed start time is moved forward to midnight (11:4).
- Aaron is said to be the agent of the first three plagues (7:19; 8:5, 16–17) and Moses is the agent of the sixth to ninth plagues (9:8, 22–24; 10:13, 21–22). But God is the direct agent of the fourth, fifth, and tenth plagues (8:24; 9:6; 11:4). The point is that these plagues did not just happen.
BEHOLD, THE POWER OF GOD! They happened in God’s timing and at God’s instigation, through God’s chosen messengers.