First, by way of update, TEAM had two global workers in Ukraine as of a few weeks ago. Both were safely evacuated prior to the Russian attack. They leave behind ministries, churches, and their Ukrainian brothers and sisters. As members of the Body of Christ, we recognize the importance of prayer amid these challenging times. We invite you to join us in praying for the following:
- PRAY for TEAM-affiliated ministries and churches. TEAM has been involved in and around Odessa in particular, partnering with the Baptist church north of the city in the town of Petrovka and an international church south of the city center. The pastor of one church left Ukraine with his wife and oldest son for a trip just prior to the invasion, leaving four other children at home with grandparents. The pastor and his wife and son are now unable to return to Odessa.
- PRAY for families who are facing separation. Males aged 18-60 are not allowed to leave Ukraine, and so many tearful goodbyes are taking place as families flee leaving sons, fathers, husbands, and brothers behind.
- PRAY for those who are unable to leave their residences. Pray for them to find shelter, food, and the resources they need to survive.
- PRAY for the believers to know the peaceful and protective presence of their Savior. Despite heightened political tensions in Ukraine over the past weeks and months, TEAM’s missionaries report that most people did not believe there would be a war. As they live now in the daily reality of what has taken place, may believers in Ukraine experience God’s presence and the peace that passes all understanding.
- PRAY for those who don’t know Jesus to find Him in their time of need. May they find the great hope of the Gospel, their eyes open to the Truth as Jesus said in John 16:33, “In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” (NIV)
We will continue to post ministry and prayer updates, as they become available, on the TEAM blog. In the meantime, thank you for your faithfulness in prayer!
Published by TEAM Global Alliance on 04-March-2022
Stay connected at: https://team.org/blog/